Quilting Services Menu: (click here to see samples my quilting)We are able to a full range of quilting options. From simply basting to full prepping and binding. We can supply you with batting and backing. If you have a quilt you would like quilted, please e=mail a photo of the front and back, along with the measurements. We will schedule a time to talk about your needs. We will discuss the following:
- Quilting can range from heavily quilted show pieces to heirloom pieces, to allover designs or a combination thereof. Much of your decision will likely depend on the planned usage of the quilt and budget. Our allover quilting is 2.5 cents per inch. If you desire something different, we will quote you a price after our phone conversation discussing your desires for the quilt. (There is a minimum charge of $40.)
- Batting - do you like the feel of lying in the cocoon of a heavy quilt? do you intend to hang your quilt and want it to stay flat? Do you prefer a light weight quilt? each of these things helps determine the best type of batting to use in your quilt. Batting prices depend on the choice for your quilt.
- Fabric Backing - we can supply you with batting or you can provide your own. It must be 4-6 inches larger than your quilt top on all four sides. So if you have a 100x100 quilt, your backing would need to be 108-112 by 108-112.
- Thread - 100% cotton, Polyester or monofilament your thread choice will make a difference in the appearance of your final quilt. Do you like to see the quilting thread? or do you prefer to only see suttle texture changes? Thread color, weight and content all make a difference in the final appearance of your quilt.
- There is a nominal fee for thread charge, $1.50 per bobbin. Typical thread charge for a queen size quilt is $6-8 dollars. The density of the quilting design will affect the amount of thread used. Additional charges will apply for multiple colors.
- Quilt preparation - we will be happy to prepare your quilt for quilting. Clipping threads, pressing seams, squaring up. A well-prepared top will make for a much nicer quilting finish.
- pressing quilt top or backing - $10
- Removing/trimming threads from quilt top - $10
- Piecing backing fabric - $10/seam
- Binding - we can do as little or as much as you would like - you supply the fabric and we can cut, piece and bind. We can sew on by machine and leave it for you to finish, or we can do a complete finish. Options include:
- you provide the binding fabric, we make the binding and machine sew on the front with mitered corners. 10 cents per linear inch.
- you provide the binding fabric, we make the binding, machine-sew on the front with mitered corners and hand sew the binding on the back for 25 cents per linear inch.
- if you choose to have us do any of the binding, we must trim the quilt as well
- Shipping/Delivery options for your quilt - you can decide how you want your finished treasure shipped....actual shipping charges plus $10 for shipping preparation.
Read Before Shipping Your Quilt!
Call: 678.767.0514 | Email: Michele.Hester@gmail.com
- Do not ship quilt until a reserved time slot has been confirmed by Michele.Hester@gmail.com
- Shipping to Michele Hester, Rome, GA 30161
- Shipping Cost – Customer pays actual cost for desired shipping method and insurance to and from Rome, GA 30161